to Montague Township
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to the impending storm the Montague Township Municipal Building will be closed on Tuesday, January 27, 2015. The Regular Meeting of the Montague Township Committee scheduled for January 27, 2015 is cancelled due to inclement weather, and is rescheduled for February 3, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at the Municipal Building.
JERSEY CENTRAL POWER & LIGHT (JCP&L)
This is an important message from your electric company, Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L). The company is monitoring developing weather conditions for the forecast heavy snow that is expected across the JCP&L service area. /
JCP&L has activated its storm restoration plan and has additional line and forestry crews on stand-by to respond should outages occur.
Customers who are without power are encouraged to call 1-888-LIGHTS (1-888-544-4877) to report their outage or click the “Report Outage” link on www.firstenergycorp.com. Customers should immediately report downed wires to their utility or their local police department. Customers should never go near a downed power line, even if they think it is no longer carrying electricity. Extra caution should be used in areas where downed lines are tangled in trees or other debris.
For updated information on the company’s current outages, FirstEnergy’s storm restoration process and tips for staying safe, visit the 24/7 Power Center at www.firstenergycorp.com/outages
O&R TO MOBILIZE WORKFORCE AS STORM APPROACHES
PEARL RIVER, NY Jan. 25, 2015 9 p.m. --- O&R has declared a company-wide Storm Watch in anticipation of a significant snow storm due Monday night through Tuesday.
The latest forecast calls for a storm packing at least 15 to 24 inches of fluffy snow to hit the O&R service area beginning at 8 a.m. Monday and continuing through 11 p.m. Tuesday night.
Winds are expected to be sustained between 20 and 30 miles per hour, gusting to between 35 and 45 mph.
Because this storm activity increases the potential for power line damage and electric service interruptions, O&R is preparing to mobilize its workforce to carry out the company’s Emergency Response Plan.
Today, O&R managers are running through the pre-mobilization check lists and staffing plans are being set for deployment. O&R has reached out to its mutual aid partners for assistance and, as a result, Upstate utilities are preparing to send crews to help out.
There are several ways customers can report outages and check service restoration status:
- Go to www.oru.com from any computer or web-enabled mobile device;
- Use the O&R mobile app from your iphone, iPad or Android device;
- Text “OUT” to 69678 (myORU); or
- Call Customer Assistance at 1-877-434-4100
Go to www.oru.com/mobileconnect to learn more about our mobile communication options.
To help its customers prepare to weather a storm, O&R offers these tips:
- For safety’s sake, don’t touch or approach any downed wire. Assume it is energized and dangerous. Call O&R immediately toll-free 1-877-434-4100. Depending on the situation, you may also want to call your local police to divert traffic until an O&R crew arrives.
- Maintain a distance of at least 50 feet from downed wires and anything they are in contact with including puddles of water and fences. Supervise your children so that they are not in the vicinity and keep pets on a leash.
- If a fallen wire is draped over a car, do not approach the car and make rescue attempts. Remain a safe distance away, and try to keep the occupant of the vehicle calm. If possible, emergency personnel should handle the situation.
- Stock up on non-perishable food, bottled water, manual can opener, baby supplies and pet food. Set your refrigerator and freezer controls to their coldest settings. Fill the bathtub with water.
- Have emergency equipment within reach --- portable radio, flashlights, spare batteries, first aid kit, cell phone and important medications. Update your personal list of emergency phone numbers. Keep O&R’s toll-free number 1-877-434-4100 near the phone to report power outages.
- If you experience a power outage, don’t assume that O&R automatically knows about it or that someone else will report it. To be sure the outage is reported, please call O&R toll-free at 1-877-434-4100 to let O&R know what happened. The more information you can provide, the more O&R can help you.
- Remember: if the base station of your cordless phone plugs into the wall, your phone will be unusable during a power outage.
- If a family member relies on electrically operated medical devices, secure a portable generator or make alternate arrangements for care. O&R does not provide customers with generators.
- Keep at least a half-tank of gas in your car. Consider having extra cash on-hand, in case ATM machines don’t work.
- Listen for storm alerts on the radio. In case of power outages, O&R will keep the stations updated on repair progress.
- Learn how to manually open and close any electrically powered garage door, security door or gate.
For more information, visit O&R’s Storm Center at www.oru.com.
If you need further assistance, please contact any of these members of our Community Response Team:
Kate Wysokowski, CRM, Rockland
Office (845) 577-2539
Cell (917) 575-0205
Fax (718) 923-7021
Home (845) 620-3702
Michelle Damiani, CRM, Bergen
Office (201) 236-6014
Cell (914) 391-6266
Fax (646) 654-3058
Home (845) 638-6145
Eric Fuentes CRM, Orange/Sullivan
Office (845) 344-8882
Home (845) 291-8753
Cell (845) 570-1933
Fax (718) 923-7045
Mike Grant, CRM, Orange/Passaic
Office (845) 783-5480
Home (845) 942-2773
Cell (914) 391-6674
Fax (718) 923-7073
Aileen Sullivan, CRM, Orange/Pike/Sussex
Office (570) 296-7544
Home (570) 296-3020
Cell (914) 906-8747
Fax (718) 923-7048
Phone Numbers are for OFFICIAL USE ONLY. They are not to be given out to the general public.
Municipal officials should report electric outages at www.oru.com/trouble
To learn more about O&R’s electric restoration process, please click on this link: http://www.oru.com/energyandsafety/storms/gettingyourlightson.html